Discussion topic: Check Sky Glass connection

This message was authored by Martin120 This message was authored by: Martin120

Check Sky Glass connection

Hi, I'm trying to set up Sky Stream, it keeps asking me to check Sky Glass connection but I never ordered Sky Glass?

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Check Sky Glass connection

@Martin120 wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to set up Sky Stream, it keeps asking me to check Sky Glass connection but I never ordered Sky Glass?

The same operating system is used on both the Stream puck and the Glass TV. There can be a few clumsy crossover glitches like this. You can ignore it. Try turning the Stream puck off at the mains for a minute then power it back on and try setting it up again. They can be temperamental little things and don't always work properly on first boot up.  

Martin120
Topic Author
This message was authored by Martin120 This message was authored by: Martin120

Thanks, I've already tried doing that, still the same result.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martin120  Under no circumstances should you do a facory reset of your puck unless you're being advised to do it by the support team on  the phone,  doing a factory reset can & will cause issues.

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@GD1 wrote:

@Martin120  Under no circumstances should you do a facory reset of your puck unless you're being advised to do it by the support team on  the phone,  doing a factory reset can & will cause issues.

Doing a factory reset is really not a big deal. Sky even tell you how to do it on one of their own help pages where they call it the 'recovery process':

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/power-issue-help-sky-glass-sky-stream-puck?irct=help-service-check... 

I had to do it on my puck a couple of times and it was absolutely fine. It was a lot quicker than trying to get help on the phone from Sky, that's for sure, but yes, if in any doubt @Martin120 give Sky a ring or wait for the chat bubble to get some assistance directly from them. 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Martin120.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@GD1 wrote:

Doing a factory reset is really not a big deal. Sky even tell you how to do it on one of their own help pages where they call it the 'recovery process':

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/power-issue-help-sky-glass-sky-stream-puck?irct=help-service-check... 

I had to do it on my puck a couple of times and it was absolutely fine. It was a lot quicker than trying to get help on the phone from Sky, that's for sure, but yes, if in any doubt @Martin120 give Sky a ring or wait for the chat bubble to get some assistance directly from them. 

@Padam_Padam the difference is that the scenaio Sky have published the steps under is for initial setup issues, where doing a reset isn't a big deal as the puck is likely not already registered to an account.

There are been numerous issues reported on the forum where people have just reset an already registered puck or glass and find out that they can' reactivate it against their account, because the reset process has gone wrong and it still detects the device as registered against the Sky account. This the reason Sky recommend only doing a reset when advised under other scenarios, as it does mean if this issue crops up the advisor can make the required change on the account to register the device so the customer can follow the on-screen setup process.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion