Discussion topic: Amazon prime not working

This message was authored by Allan801 This message was authored by: Allan801

Amazon prime not working

Amazon prime stopped working on my sky stream box I contacted Amazon prime about it and they said there is no faults with them and that there is a fault with sky I did try contacting sky and they're saying there's not a fault with them that is a fault with Amazon can somebody please tell me what is going on, the app loads but every time I go to click on a video even ones that I have purchased it keeps coming up there is an error please try again later this is been going on for months now and is anyone else having problems with Amazon prime through their sky stream

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Amazon prime not working

It good to have a backup streaming device in this situation😉

If Amazon Prime works on the backup device that would suggest there are no issues with Amazon Prime🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

If Amazon Prime works on the backup device that would suggest there are no issues with Amazon Prime🤔

Thats completely untrue, as the Prime App running on the other device would be completely different to the version of the Prime App running on the Sky Platform. So just because it might work on another device, doesn't actually mean any potential issue isn't with the Prime app, it could just be an issue affecting the app running on Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Now that is complete RUBBISH

.... it would show there is an issue with the Sky device/system😂🤣😂

Sky were claiming there was an issue with Amazon Prime😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Now that is complete RUBBISH

.... it would show there is an issue with the Sky device/system😂🤣😂

Sky were claiming there was an issue with Amazon Prime😉

Not rubbish at all. As we have seen on multiple occassions with issues reported with third party apps running on the Sky platform, in the majority of cases its requird the app owner i.e Amazon in this scenario, to fix and release an update to the app to resolve these problems. The key point is that the party whose app it is, owns it and is responsible for fixing the app on any platform it is running on.

I'm not saying that is the case in this particular scenario, but its certainly been the case with issues that have been widely impacting more customers. So your generic comment that if it works on another streaming device it isn't an Amazon related issue is completely incorrect.

NOT a Sky Employee

@Allan801 wrote:
Amazon prime stopped working on my sky stream box I contacted Amazon prime about it and they said there is no faults with them and that there is a fault with sky I did try contacting sky and they're saying there's not a fault with them that is a fault with Amazon can somebody please tell me what is going on, the app loads but every time I go to click on a video even ones that I have purchased it keeps coming up there is an error please try again later this is been going on for months now and is anyone else having problems with Amazon prime through their sky stream

@Allan801 

If you haven't tried a reboot i'd suggest doing that. Unplug the device for a couple of minutes and see if that helps.

If it doesn't then try an app refresh. Settings > System Management > Resets & Updates > Refresh apps. This process is not instant and is carried out in the background so don't expect an instant solution. It may take up to 24 hours for the app refresh to complete in the background

NOT a Sky Employee

Allan801
Topic Author
This message was authored by Allan801 This message was authored by: Allan801

I have tried unplugging it and rebooting and refreshing the apps I've even left it unplugged it for a couple of days done it a few times the app loads but when I go to click on a video it comes up error, Amazon prime works on my other devices just not sky stream

@Allan801 wrote:

I have tried unplugging it and rebooting and refreshing the apps I've even left it unplugged it for a couple of days done it a few times the app loads but when I go to click on a video it comes up error, Amazon prime works on my other devices just not sky stream

What's the exact error message you get in the prime app?

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Smc13 This message was authored by: Smc13

Yes having the same problems. I can watch prime through my tv but when I try to watch through sky stream it tells me o have to buy a subscription 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion