Discussion topic: Ps4 connection

This message was authored by Ants+H This message was authored by: Ants+H

Ps4 connection

Can I connect a PS4 to my soundbox? As it says Bluetooth connection not supported? But it found it initially. Can I use the hdmi from the ps to soundbox to TV and just use optical connection for the sky q? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by leemcqueen4270 This message was authored by: leemcqueen4270

Re: Ps4 connection

@Ants+H wrote:

Can I connect a PS4 to my soundbox? As it says Bluetooth connection not supported? But it found it initially. Can I use the hdmi from the ps to soundbox to TV and just use optical connection for the sky q? 

You can only connect a ps4 via the optical cable.

Ants+H
Topic Author

There's no optical on this PS4, It's just power and hdmi 🙄 So I thought that I'd put ps4 hdmi to sky soundbox & then soundbox hdmi to TV. Then put sky Q hdmi straight to TV & sky Q optical to soundbox 🤔

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ants+H wrote:

There's no optical on this PS4, It's just power and hdmi 🙄 So I thought that I'd put ps4 hdmi to sky soundbox & then soundbox hdmi to TV. Then put sky Q hdmi straight to TV & sky Q optical to soundbox 🤔

That should work: your only limitation might be that you find your television cannot pass the better Dolby Digital standards over optical-out to the Soundbox, which is why it is preferable to have it in an HDMI chain.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Ants+H
Topic Author

Okay. The above seemed to work okay, sky worked via optical and ps4 via hdmi to soundbox then hdmi to TV 📺.

Then, when I played another bluray the background sound could be heard, but none of the actor's voices.

If I changed from English to English audio description, then i could hear everything, as well as the audio description.

Help!!! 🤔

This message was authored by Wormop This message was authored by: Wormop

I've just hooked up my PS4 Slim to my Sky Soundbox and got the same issue - when I play a Blu-ray the central channel (usually voice) is silent. Any ideas please?

Ants+H
Topic Author

Sorry, but I gave up in the end, and kept my ps3 withe my TV and soundbox downstairs. Put the ps4 upstairs🙄🙄

Unless you have optical out on your ps4 you're going to struggle🤷‍♂️

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion