Discussion topic: sky q . How to access itvx subtitles

This message was authored by roger7 This message was authored by: roger7

sky q . How to access itvx subtitles

Please give any info.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Richardr1 This message was authored by: Richardr1 Answer

Re: sky q . How to access itvx subtitles

Press up, or down, or play, or pause when you are watching a progamme on ITVX. You will get the timeline near the bottom, plus below that in the bottom right the subtitle button.

Once you've turned that on it should remember in the future.

Using ITVX and similar apps via Sky or any other box each have their own way of doing this, but once you've done it once on ITVX I think it remembers across devices.

Sky Q 2TB box and one Minibox

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
roger7
Topic Author

Thanks .I have read the advise but I can not work out how to click on the relavent S icon using my remote.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@roger7 wrote:

Thanks .I have read the advise but I can not work out how to click on the relavent S icon using my remote.

Hi @roger7 

No matter what device you’re watching ITVX on, enabling subtitles for supported content is straightforward. When playing a TV show episode or movie, a ? symbol at the top-right corner of the screen should indicate if subtitles are available for the particular content.

To turn it on, tap or click the “S” icon or the speech bubble button in the in-app or website player window. You can turn subtitles off the same way as well. ITVX will remember your preference for the next time.

roger7
Topic Author

I am unable to see anything in the top right hand screen.

I am watching "Unforgotten" that has the subtitle icon.

I have also checked on other titles that have the S icon but no corner tick

Maybe my LG TV is too old (May 2015)  and not able to perform!

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@roger7If you are using the Sky box or any other plug in for itvx then the TV should not matter however if you are using a smart TV directly only LGs after 2016 are supported.

This message was authored by Richardr1 This message was authored by: Richardr1 Answer

Press up, or down, or play, or pause when you are watching a progamme on ITVX. You will get the timeline near the bottom, plus below that in the bottom right the subtitle button.

Once you've turned that on it should remember in the future.

Using ITVX and similar apps via Sky or any other box each have their own way of doing this, but once you've done it once on ITVX I think it remembers across devices.

This message was authored by ForgetAboutIt This message was authored by: ForgetAboutIt

I am having same issue, also watching unforgotten. If I pause the programme I can see the speech bubble in bottom corner of screen but no button on the sky q remote is allowing me to change the status to on. 

This message was authored by Richardr1 This message was authored by: Richardr1

Once you've paused, use the arrow keys to reach it - i.e. down and then right. Then press the key in the middle of the arrows.

roger7
Topic Author

Just tried your solution and it worked. Thank you for your assistance. Brilliant!!

This message was authored by ForgetAboutIt This message was authored by: ForgetAboutIt

Pretty sure this wasn't working last night but it is now! Thank you. 

This message was authored by Baileypeter This message was authored by: Baileypeter

Reply re subtitles ITVX on SKY

Subtitles v v easy to get up on computer or ipad.

I can clearly see ITVX subtitle sign to press at bottom of screen, but my remote will not let me onto this part of screen to turn them on?????

any ideas?

I also note many sky catch up or apps do not have subtitles why?

films etc and other channels that need paid for NO SUBTITLES. Why?

I pay Same money as a hearing person and not able to watch half of things on sky.

if Netflix can subtitle everything then no reason why sky cannot do the same.

even catch up programmes not subtitled when downloaded but are when viewed at 'correct schedule'.

why am I paying for a load of useless services

peacock no subtitles

discovety plus no subtitles

all it takes to show subtitles is the flick of a switch on a computer.  Come on sky it's not difficult.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Baileypeter wrote:

Come on sky it's not difficult.

You do realise these are 3rd party apps?  Your complaints would be better directed towards the companies involved, e.g. ITV, Discovery etc...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Richardr1 This message was authored by: Richardr1

@Baileypeter wrote:

Reply re subtitles ITVX on SKY

Subtitles v v easy to get up on computer or ipad.

I can clearly see ITVX subtitle sign to press at bottom of screen, but my remote will not let me onto this part of screen to turn them on?????

any ideas?

See above - use the arrow keys on your Sky remote to get to the subtitle sign and then press enter. Once turned on they should stay permanently on.

As others have said, the apps are provided by third parties, so all have different ways of working.

This message was authored by JD6601 This message was authored by: JD6601

Useless, recorded programmes that have subtitles don't have subtitles when played back, it's  no good I'm having to get out of sky stream, our enjoyment has been completely destroyed.

Effectively mis-sold as we were told that the three dot button on remote would get subtitles, it doesn't,  all we get is a box saying "subtitles off". When you are deaf subtitles are very important.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion