Discussion topic: can i order a mini box for mum on my account

This message was authored by Andrew106 This message was authored by: Andrew106

can i order a mini box for mum on my account

Mum is 82. She has her own sky account, with multi room. She lives over 100 miles from me and has no idea how to order through her account or her account details. I am 60 and have only a slightly better idea!! She wants another box for the bedroom. I tried to order when I last visited but struggled every time when we came to pay despite trying different cards.

The simplest solution in my mind was that as I also have an account with multiroom, could I order the box using my account (simple payment online, rather than a card over the phone to someone in India). I understand its a loan and that it will be in my name. The box presumably would be delivered to me and I could then take it to mum's when I next visit.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Is this possible or will the box only work aligned to my Qbox and/or my wifi??

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: can i order a mini box for mum on my account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andrew106 

Afraid not. Any mini box ordered on your account can only be used at your account address. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Andrew106
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andrew106 This message was authored by: Andrew106

Thank you for your rapid response

and presumably data protection means I wont be able to sort until I visit her again? (and then have to go through the same payment issues as we had last time)

any thoughts on an alternative approach with sky? Do you think they will let me sort it from here and get the box delivered directly to her or is there a retail store I can go to?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Andrew106  Unles you have authority to make changes to their account then you can't anything at all without the account holder being present.

There are no workarounds for this as this is down to Data protection that Sky must follow to prevent others from having unauthorised access to another persons account & services.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Andrew106 wrote:

Do you think they will let me sort it from here and get the box delivered directly to her or is there a retail store I can go to?

If you have authority to speak on behalf of the account holder and can pass the identity check then the former is potentially possible.

Sky retail stores are just technology showcases, and do not hold hardware stock for subscribers to take away with them.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion