Discussion topic: Weird TNT sports issue

This message was authored by Ironlike17 This message was authored by: Ironlike17

Weird TNT sports issue

Hi all,

I've got a really weird one, or maybe not? I have a garden room and I've run a cat 6 outdoor rated ethernet cable (50 meters) from the sky broadband hub, which plugs into a SE210 sky booster via Ethernet at the other end in the garden room. This works really well and I have full strength WiFi from the booster. I'm into rugby, and this is generally on TNT sports. I've been trying this afternoon to watch the harlequins vs Toulouse game and it is stuttering and breaking up all over the place. It's unwatchable. 

However, earlier this afternoon (and other days) I've been watching movies, other sports and bits of other things without issue. I'm currently watching the build up to the Man Utd Liverpool game and it's perfect - no juddering whatsoever. 

The cricket on TNT 2 is steaming perfectly. It is literally TNT 1 that is all over the place. Why would this happen? I'm all on sky if it makes any difference - booster, broadband hub and sky q. The broadband to garden room is the only wired connection. The rest is all WiFi. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

Re: Weird TNT sports issue

@Ironlike17 wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a really weird one, or maybe not? I have a garden room and I've run a cat 6 outdoor rated ethernet cable (50 meters) from the sky broadband hub, which plugs into a SE210 sky booster via Ethernet at the other end in the garden room. This works really well and I have full strength WiFi from the booster. I'm into rugby, and this is generally on TNT sports. I've been trying this afternoon to watch the harlequins vs Toulouse game and it is stuttering and breaking up all over the place. It's unwatchable. 

However, earlier this afternoon (and other days) I've been watching movies, other sports and bits of other things without issue. I'm currently watching the build up to the Man Utd Liverpool game and it's perfect - no juddering whatsoever. 

The cricket on TNT 2 is steaming perfectly. It is literally TNT 1 that is all over the place. Why would this happen? I'm all on sky if it makes any difference - booster, broadband hub and sky q. The broadband to garden room is the only wired connection. The rest is all WiFi. 

If you have multi room, did you check on another box in the house?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
Ironlike17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ironlike17 This message was authored by: Ironlike17

Yeah. Seems to work well on other boxes. Funnily enough since posting the second half of the game has been fine with just one sound drop out for a couple of seconds. It's not just this afternoon though, I seem to have issues with TNT 1 frequently. 

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

@Ironlike17 funny enough, I had recorded the European football in thecweek, a number of matches - one of the games just failed to record without any evidence - this was on TNT1

Ironlike17
Topic Author

I'll keep an eye on things and update this thread with further issues. Might just be a co-incidence I guess, but Man Utd Liverpool game on channel 401 has been faultless. Only ever issue on TNT 1

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

@Ironlike17   every now and again I get recordings that say they are over 1 day long, just display  black screen half way through or from the start, 99% of these are on TNT Sports.

Not sure why this should be and usually have to reboot the skyQ box so that  future recordings work.

Ironlike17
Topic Author

Interesting. Cheers. I've watched less in the garden room since summer ended, but had a hungover lazy day today so have got some serious tv time in and only TNT. Be interested to see who else / what else...

This message was authored by Khouri This message was authored by: Khouri

Your not alone I'm on BT Broadband and an avid Motogp fan, it's basically unwatcable for the very symptoms you've described, so much so I watched the race on ITVX, TNT is a shambles.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion