Discussion topic: Tonight Netflix will not play via my Sky Q apps - why?

This message was authored by PaulSussex This message was authored by: PaulSussex

Tonight Netflix will not play via my Sky Q apps - why?

Tonight, my Netflix app will not play a title, I can access my netflix via Sky Q apps. but it will not play I get error message tvq-pb-101.  Keeps checking my speed and starts over I have fibre to home via BT.

On line its says  the code means  Netflix is being prevented from playing in the device - is this a Sky ruse for me to take netflix via sky?  I have uplugged my Sky Q, the TV and the router at different points but no luck. The same "your intenret speed looks good . still having toriuble? " Message  very frustrating.

All other apps are working on Sky Q. So tonight it made me log in again before this started.... something has changed on the box  that now stops Netflix playing. I can stream Netflix  on other devices at home. I have only 1 TV! Have NFand Q for years.

Please help. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MrBlkWhtnGry This message was authored by: MrBlkWhtnGry

Re: Tonight Netflix will not play via my Sky Q apps - why?

This is definitely a sky problem as I have the same issue, I donw the reset, refreshed the apps and still the same problem.

This message was authored by Robmoody8 This message was authored by: Robmoody8

I have exactly the same problem 

This message was authored by Dumdum007 This message was authored by: Dumdum007

Had the same message tonight, was working fine and then nothing would work, getting the same error message as you. 

Don't think it's Sky trying to get you to pay them direct (although it is cheaper) as I pay Sky for my Netflix.

Tried resetting router, refreshed apps, signed out of netflix and signed in again but still no resolve.....

This message was authored by Dumdum007 This message was authored by: Dumdum007

All working again this morning ☺️

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It wasn't Sky's problem. It was a Netflix outage.

Next time, try running netflix on another device and if that also doesn't work... having said thay I think I tried on my phone at about 1am and that was ok so perhaps only affected certain types of devices

anyway there are at least 3 threads on this now 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion