Discussion topic: Stuck on Step 2 of setup

This message was authored by Scott721 This message was authored by: Scott721

Stuck on Step 2 of setup

I have tried to set up my mini box in a bedroom. All cables etc connected fine. Remote working. but when I get to step 2 of setup I go downstairs and press the WPS button on my main Q box. It flashes and the WPS button on the mini changes from flashing to solid green. It looks like everything worked correctly but the onscreen instructions stay on Step 2. No matter what button I press on the remote it stays on Step 2. I unplugged the mini box and tried it again withthe same result. Any ideas how to moce on to Step 3? 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Stuck on Step 2 of setup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scott721 wrote:

I have tried to set up my mini box in a bedroom. All cables etc connected fine. Remote working. but when I get to step 2 of setup I go downstairs and press the WPS button on my main Q box. It flashes and the WPS button on the mini changes from flashing to solid green. It looks like everything worked correctly but the onscreen instructions stay on Step 2. No matter what button I press on the remote it stays on Step 2. I unplugged the mini box and tried it again withthe same result. Any ideas how to moce on to Step 3? 

Hi @Scott721 

Work through the following link.  There is help concerning the mini
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on

Edit.

Reading your post again @Scott721 

It's clear the link above will not help.

Are you using a new remote with the mini or are you trying to use one already paired to another Q box?

Either way press and hold 7 & 9 on the remote fontrol until it's led crashes 4 times.

This will set the remote to infrared which will operate any Q box but it does need line of sight.

Once you have completed step 2 try pressing the dismiss button (left of the home button) on the remote

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion