Discussion topic: Sports sidebar

This message was authored by gazariooni This message was authored by: gazariooni

Sports sidebar

Please tell me the sports sidebar is coming back to replace what's taken it's place - it is awful!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sports sidebar

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gazariooni wrote:

Please tell me the sports sidebar is coming back to replace what's taken it's place - it is awful!

Hi @gazariooni 
As It's just been replaced by the Sky Sports plus App which has only just been released it's not likely to change.

What is your issue with it anyway?

gazariooni
Topic Author
This message was authored by gazariooni This message was authored by: gazariooni

Well the main issue is - it's an App and not a sidebar. I liked not interrupting the wife watching Vera while I had a quick look at latest score of my Favourite team, or see who they're playing next, league position, blah blah.  All were found quickly and easily, all gone.
At least the wife can still see the weather while I'm watching whatever - cos it's still....a sidebar.

As you can see from my lack of previous posts, I don't get upset with Sky often (TV customer for over 30 years and ex Customer Service employee for TV Tech - including Sky Q -  and Broadband Case issues). But to me this should be where it belongs,  with the other Apps, and not the sidebar.....cos as far as I can see, you can't sidebar it so it aint a sidebar!

And that's all I have to say about that.

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @gazariooni   I would ask viewer relations by emailing  viewerR@sky.uk . I found the scores (in the sidebar) very useful. Perhaps their metrics showed that it wasn't used by enough people.

Edit, I corrected the email address, an extra "i" crept into it!

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Yes OK @gazariooni 

I rarely use the sidebar but can appreciate what you say.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

I get you @gazariooni.

I can only guess but I suspect Sky have decided during the design process that most of us would "glance" at updates on a mobile device these days and thought a more immersive app experience would be the right direction for the majority.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
gazariooni
Topic Author

Thanks for that @MightyQuinn - and yes, I'm not sure how that middle 'i' crept in there either lol 🤔

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@gazariooni wrote:

@gazariooni do you mean the sidebar under the 3 dots as I still get the sports option under there and then the further options of my teams, scores and tables etc 

PXL_20240808_165619523.jpg

PXL_20240808_165637734.jpg

As its still there for me or have i got the wrong end of the stick ?

if you are not seeing it try a reboot of your box 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

It might be your box that hasn't updated @Laing1?

Sidebar for me loads the Sky Sports+ app. It even says "sky sports app" now rather than just the "sky sports" you have.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Laing1 

IMG_0152.jpeg

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@stereohaven wrote:

It might be your box that hasn't updated @Laing1?

Sidebar for me loads the Sky Sports+ app. It even says "sky sports app" now rather than just the "sky sports" you have.

@stereohaven my box has updated with Skysports+ on 412 and the Sky sports app available strange i'll keep an eye open and see if it changes later on 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
gazariooni
Topic Author

Yes, that's the one bud. Mine shows Sky Sports App as from today. It does appear an error as the same Sky Sports App is available via Apps so why the duplication?

Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow and the world will return to normal  🙃

This message was authored by steveastwood This message was authored by: steveastwood

I agree, I used the sidebar app everyday. I could check football scores my teams fixtures and every thing I needed to know without leaving what I was watching. I am just hoping they revert back to the way it was. There are other sports apps on Sky without ruining the sidebar

This message was authored by Nursebill57 This message was authored by: Nursebill57

Hear hear,I too found the sidebar really useful to keep track of all the football and rugby stats,results and fixtures.I now have to duplicate using my smartphone plus Sky Q to see what's on when.Particularly useful for German Bundesliga information which i can watch via Sky Mix in season,and Rugby Union information during the season watching on Sky Action/Arena/ or Sky Sports +.

This message was authored by Nursebill57 This message was authored by: Nursebill57

Plus from an app point of view,there is already an app section on Q with a separate Sky Sports+app available ,plus no doubt an app version via any play store for your smartphone.It just doesn't add anything to the experience,apart from informing you what is on and what's going to be on.Which I can already get from Sky Q's own EPG.

The original sidebar was also useful if you have TNT or Premier to plan your viewing of their games and fixtures/results across all sports.Seamless win-win all round with so much added value.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion