Discussion topic: SkyQ mini

This message was authored by Coco2023 This message was authored by: Coco2023

SkyQ mini

I ordered a 2nd sky a mini buzz and installed it but it's telling me I have reached the maximum on my account I only have a main sky box and one other mini.  It says I have to turn off the other mini for this new one to work I need both to work! I talked to the tech department who said they would be calling today at 6pm to talk me through some steps but now 630 and no call! Can't get through on phone number and now have a 2nd mini box for my daughter to watch and can't even watch anything 

Best Answers
Coco2023
Topic Author
This message was authored by Coco2023 This message was authored by: Coco2023 Answer

Re: SkyQ mini

Hi all thanks for the advice finally got hold of someone at sky and yep we have had to get a 2tb box which we received in under 24hrs! All sorted now 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Coco2023 
What main box version do you have? You can have a maximum of 4 mini boxes loaned to you by Sky. You can watch Sky content on two minis and the main box at the same time. You may be able to use a 3rd mini box at the same time if you’re using it for one of the apps such as Netflix.
The original 1TB (non-UHD) Sky Q box only allows one mini to be in use. All 2TBs and the UHD/HDR 1TB permit two mini boxes. Each mini box which is loaned to you may be subject to a one off upfront charge but you only need one Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Coco2023
Topic Author
This message was authored by Coco2023 This message was authored by: Coco2023

We have a 1tb main box and when I Speke to someone this morning they said that I could have upto 4 devices and I should be able to watch the main tv plus the two in the bedroom at the same time 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Coco2023 wrote:

We have a 1tb main box 

@Coco2023 

To check which Sky box you have:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote.
  2. Select Settings followed by System info.
  3. Check your Hardware version to see which type of Sky Q box you have.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Coco2023 wrote:

We have a 1tb main box and when I Speke to someone this morning they said that I could have upto 4 devices and I should be able to watch the main tv plus the two in the bedroom at the same time 

@Coco2023 if you have the older 1TB box that does not do UHD tyhe you can only watch 1 mini box and your main box. If you have the older 1TB box you would need to contact Sky to upgrade it

you can check your hardware version of your box in the link below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Coco2023
Topic Author
This message was authored by Coco2023 This message was authored by: Coco2023 Answer

Hi all thanks for the advice finally got hold of someone at sky and yep we have had to get a 2tb box which we received in under 24hrs! All sorted now 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion