Discussion topic: Sky q keeps disconnecting from my broadband, seems to be a common fault

This message was authored by ELLS247 This message was authored by: ELLS247

Sky q keeps disconnecting from my broadband, seems to be a common fault

My sky q box keeps disconnecting from my broadband, I have to enter my Wi-Fi password on a daily basis, looks like a very common problem but haven't seen any worthwhile solutions, it's really annoying now

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Sky q keeps disconnecting from my broadband, seems to be a common fault

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The only real permanent solution is to not use wifi.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @ELLS247 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Wayne16 This message was authored by: Wayne16

I've got the same problem! Changed from Sky broadband to another provider. Initially had the Sky Q box connecting by Wi-Fi but was so intermittent and as we have multi room a major pain! Bought a long Ethernet cable to make it wired - still disconnecting issues! When you go to system set up you can see it connecting/disconnecting on the screen!! All other wireless devices - iPads/phones still work fine on the Wi-Fi!! 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wayne16 wrote:

I've got the same problem! Changed from Sky broadband to another provider. Initially had the Sky Q box connecting by Wi-Fi but was so intermittent and as we have multi room a major pain! Bought a long Ethernet cable to make it wired - still disconnecting issues! When you go to system set up you can see it connecting/disconnecting on the screen!! All other wireless devices - iPads/phones still work fine on the Wi-Fi!! 

You have to disable wifi to test ethernet properly

This message was authored by Picolax This message was authored by: Picolax

Sky boxes dont like 5ghz wifi. Have you tried connecting to the 2.4ghz band?

If you cant see two seperate bands when you search for wifi via sky youll need to seperate them in your router settings (google it its easy)

This solved our issues.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion