Discussion topic: Sky Q mini box issues

This message was authored by Blucky1 This message was authored by: Blucky1

Sky Q mini box issues

I am having major issues with my Sky Q mini boxes. They constantly drop with the connection to the main box or the network connection.  I spend my life rebooting the router, main box and mini boxes. I have tried everything I have read in the forums to solve the problem. Would moving to super fast (1gb) broadband help with the problem? Has anyone tried this and if so did it solve your problems? Many thanks in advance for any help. 

Best Answers
Blucky1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Blucky1 This message was authored by: Blucky1 Answer

Re: Sky Q mini box issues

It is regular sky broadband.  I do have a big house and three miniboxes plus a booster.  I also have two teenagers gaming most evenings which is when I get most of the issues.  I was hoping a faster connection m ight help resolve that.  

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The speed of your internet makes no difference as the mini box connections do not use it.

they are connected using their own mesh network to the main Q box.

Who provides your internet?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Blucky1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Blucky1 This message was authored by: Blucky1 Answer

It is regular sky broadband.  I do have a big house and three miniboxes plus a booster.  I also have two teenagers gaming most evenings which is when I get most of the issues.  I was hoping a faster connection m ight help resolve that.  

This message was authored by Jeanlead This message was authored by: Jeanlead

My sky mini box got so hot i turned it off in case onf fire. Just let them try to charge me for this. - i know my rigthts under the consumer rights act 2015.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jeanlead wrote:

My sky mini box got so hot i turned it off in case onf fire. Just let them try to charge me for this. - i know my rigthts under the consumer rights act 2015.

@Jeanlead why do you think Sky would charge for a box they own if you are worried about the box you can either contact Sky and they will replace the box or I can escalate this to Sky for you

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion