Discussion topic: Sky Q Recording

This message was authored by phil19651 This message was authored by: phil19651

Sky Q Recording

Hi everybody,

Still only a fledgling with Sky Tv.

Why is it I record programmes on SD and they won't playback in SD. Sky ask "Press the red button if you won't to watch in HD"? I don't won't to pay extra for HD, when recorded in SD.

I have set recordings on SD.  Not all prorammes do this.

Example I am a big fan of Law & order (Special Victims Unit) on Sky Witness, It has recorded all five new shows in SD, but won't play.  The show was broadcasted in SD.

Please Help

Phil🐱👍

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Sky Q Recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@phil19651 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Why is it I record programmes on SD and they won't playback in SD. Sky ask "Press the red button if you won't to watch in HD"? I don't won't to pay extra for HD, when recorded in SD.

Example I am a big fan of Law & order (Special Victims Unit) on Sky Witness, It has recorded all five new shows in SD, but won't play.  The show was broadcasted in SD.

Please Help

Phil🐱👍

hi @phil19651 

Are you sure they are in SD - if they have an S symbol this is not SD but Subtitles

If you haven't done this you, probably, just need to change your download preference to SD
Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences

(Please note this setting can only be set on the Main box)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@phil19651 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Please Help

Phil🐱👍

hi @phil19651 

Are you sure they are in SD - if they have an S symbol this is not SD but Subtitles

If you haven't done this you, probably, just need to change your download preference to SD
Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences

(Please note this setting can only be set on the Main box)

phil19651
Topic Author
This message was authored by phil19651 This message was authored by: phil19651

Hello again,

Thank you very much for that info, it works great.

Phil😄😄😄😁

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion