Discussion topic: Sky Go TV Guide Mismatch

This message was authored by Simon+Bonelle This message was authored by: Simon+Bonelle

Sky Go TV Guide Mismatch

Hi,

I have SkyQ with Entertainment, HD, UHD, Sports and TNT Sports and I frequently use the SkyQ app to schedule recordings when I am not at home.

For as long as I can remember, and I don't really recall it being any other way, there is a mismatch between channel numbers on the Sports channels and terrestrial channels

Some channels that should be HD are OK and some are not, e.g. 101 is BBC One SD (i.e. now nothing) and BBC One HD is on 801. Sky Showcase 106 IS in HD though but all Sky Sports Channels are in SD i.e. 401 is Sky Sports Main Event SD (HD is on 859) and so it goes on. Surely the channels should be mapped correctly as per your subscription and your main SkyQ box ?? 

Does anybody else have this?  Having put up with it forever I called Sky today and after nearly an hour they told me it is how it is and they can't fix it.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Re: Sky Go TV Guide Mismatch

@Simon+Bonelle 

Oh yes, it's been like that for years. It used to annoy the hell out of me too when I had Q and I had several communications with clearly inept or uninterested tech support people about it.

Don't be looking for it to change - Sky Q's days are numbered so they won't be putting any resources into changing something they clearly can't be bothered to do anything about. 

Simon+Bonelle
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon+Bonelle This message was authored by: Simon+Bonelle

Thank you.

Numbered as in migrating everybody over to 'Stream'?  Friend of mine had it and went back to HD (dish was inaccessible so couldn't have Q) she hated it so much.

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Simon+Bonelle wrote:

Thank you.

Numbered as in migrating everybody over to 'Stream'?  Friend of mine had it and went back to HD (dish was inaccessible so couldn't have Q) she hated it so much.

Yes. The satellite service will be turned off in the next five years or so. 

I have Stream and also hate it, along with the rest of the family. Our viewing habits have changed and we don't really have need for a full Sky TV service any more so we're going to dump it completely in the not too distant future. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion