Discussion topic: Satellite signal error

This message was authored by PARKEJ13 This message was authored by: PARKEJ13

Satellite signal error

I have a satellite signal error message since yesterday that I'm getting an engineer out for in 10 days, originally the recordings and on demand were still working but now even they are saying that I need a satellite signal to use them. I have tried the reset settings reset in the 0 0 1 menu. The wait is irritating but it was doable with access to the on demand but now this has gone too, any ideas how I can get at least this back? 

There is an option for watch via sky go on my sky q box but everytime I click reactivate it doesn't actually do anything and just goes back to the original menu

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Satellite signal error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PARKEJ13 wrote:

I have a satellite signal error message since yesterday that I'm getting an engineer out for in 10 days, originally the recordings and on demand were still working but now even they are saying that I need a satellite signal to use them. I have tried the reset settings reset in the 0 0 1 menu. The wait is irritating but it was doable with access to the on demand but now this has gone too, any ideas how I can get at least this back? 

There is an option for watch via sky go on my sky q box but everytime I click reactivate it doesn't actually do anything and just goes back to the original menu

Hi @PARKEJ13 

Afraid that after some time without a Satellite signal the Q box will not function.

It needs a periodic check with Sky servers to maintain any service.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@PARKEJ13 wrote:

Hi @PARKEJ13 

Afraid that after some time without a Satellite signal the Q box will not function.

It needs a periodic check with Sky servers to maintain any service.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

The box does eventually deactivate if it doesn't receive a satellite signal.

You might be able to use Sky go on other devices.

Otherwise, ask Sky for a credit for the unusable period once fixed.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@PARKEJ13 wrote:

hi @PARKEJ13 

I think you may have been unlucky.

Unfortunately the SKY Q boxes need a periodic signal vai Satellite to kkeep it alive so it seems that your signal must have been lost shortly before the next 'keep alive' signal was due.

To use anything on your box you now need the Satellite signal restored. 

You should be able to watch live TV via the SKY Go app just not recordings (or BBC channels) - although I am not an expert on SKY Go

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion