Discussion topic: Sadly saying goodbye to Sky

This message was authored by Tetrakm This message was authored by: Tetrakm

Sadly saying goodbye to Sky

Well today, after 26 years with Sky, I cancelled it. Spoke to them on Sunday, was offered and amazing deal but just needed to confirm with the Mrs re the packages. So they gave me a reference number to call back. Two days later they had tripled the offer, claiming offer run out, budget not available, etc, etc. to be honest I don't think the person believed me and I was left feeling a little like she felt I was not telling the truth. She actually said she would need to check the original call.

I have always been a big fan of the Sky. But they just don't seem to like existing customers. Said I wanted to cancel and then I went maybe I should try again Sunday and the advisor told me the cancellation was now in progress. Did ask me if I wanted it to stop but then I saw the email from them saying I was in the 30 day period. Disappointed I just said no but was left feeling like I was simply thrown out. I would hope they would change their mind and actually offer me something better. But I have a feeling I am just not that lucky!

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sadly saying goodbye to Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tetrakm 

We do suggest to customers that if you’re offered something acceptable be prepared to agree to it there and then because if you decide to think about it the offer may no longer be available when you call back.

You never know, you may be contacted by Sky during you're notice period. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Tetrakm
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tetrakm This message was authored by: Tetrakm

Yes I know that and if that had been said during the call I would have done however it was not and I was provided with a case number to call back to confirm. So they changed their mind not me. 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tetrakm wrote:

Yes I know that and if that had been said during the call I would have done however it was not and I was provided with a case number to call back to confirm. So they changed their mind not me. 

Which is the point @Daniel0210 is making, regardless of having a reference number, advisers seem to have access to different deals each day, so if you don't agree to it when offered, they simply cannot apply it at a later date. Computer says "no" if you will.

You will get offers during your notice period with the best ones typically landing a month or two after switch off. 

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

I'm sure some good offers will come now you've cancelled so might be worth keeping an eye once the service ceases. I'm just amazed in 2024 that Sky still do buisness this way.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion