Discussion topic: SKY Q main box frequently losing connection to WI-FI and will not switch on

This message was authored by som This message was authored by: som

SKY Q main box frequently losing connection to WI-FI and will not switch on

We have been having a couple of issues with our SKY Q main box frequently over the last few weeks:

1/ losing connection to the wi-fi router, while wi-fi is working for all other devices in the house.

I have done the Network reset several times and while this fixes the problem initially, the issue returns again.

2/ SKY Q main box will not switch on, standby light will not change to green.

I have checked the remote and it is fine.

I have disconnected the box from the mains and followed on screen instructions and it comes back, however any recordings scheduled prior to attempting to switch on the box have failed due to a "power failure". There have been no power cuts anytime this has happened.

Both of the above problems are occurring more frequently in recent weeks

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: SKY Q main box frequently losing connection to WI-FI and will not switch on

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @som. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion