Discussion topic: SKY Q disabled at my address

This message was authored by WILSON_M This message was authored by: WILSON_M

SKY Q disabled at my address

In 2021, sky engineers came to install sky q. They could not get to the dish to change the LNB thus it was cancelled.

It was advised by sky that they would not go up to the dish for health and safety reasons. They advised me to employ a third party to fix or change the dish.

As my original product, Sky + is not on its way out, I decided to get a company to fix the dish. A hybrid LNB was installed which means I can continue to use Sky + but also now have extra cable (at ground level) for Sky Q (wideband).

But I can't order Sky Q as the engineers in 2021 have disable my account with a flag called "Health and safety impossible".

For the last week I've been on the phone to several people for hours trying to have this flag removed. It seems the flag can be added but knowbody knows how to get it off.

I  have fully expained that the dish has been fixed out my own pocket, using sky advice to employ a third party. The health and safety issue is now not valid as they do not need to go up to the dish as the sky q cables are all ready to go.

The advisor I spoke with gave me an internal email address, which has been responded to by saying, "This is an internal address and not the right department anyway". WOW

Has anyone had this issue before and does anyone know how to get it rectified?

Many thanks for any assistance as I've lost faith with the call centre

thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: SKY Q disabled at my address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WILSON_M wrote:

In 2021, sky engineers came to install sky q. They could not get to the dish to change the LNB thus it was cancelled.

It was advised by sky that they would not go up to the dish for health and safety reasons. They advised me to employ a third party to fix or change the dish.

Since then the instructions to Sky installers have been revised.  They are now told not to attach Q equipment to a dish which they cannot reach, even if it already has a compatible LNB, because it cannot be maintained in the future.  I suspect that means Sky will not permit your address to have Q (which is not the flagship system anyway since the release of Stream, and approaching the end of its own operational life)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
WILSON_M
Topic Author
This message was authored by WILSON_M This message was authored by: WILSON_M

Re: SKY Q disabled at my address

Thanks for your answer.

It is looking that way, but I just wish they would be upfront. I have been on the phone so much about this over the past week with another call due today.

Problem with stream is no recording and not everything is available when you want it to stream. I wish they would bring a box out with the ability to record. It doesnt need a hard drive just some storage on the cloud. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion