Discussion topic: Reset not available

This message was authored by Just+Wright This message was authored by: Just+Wright

Reset not available

For about a week I have had to unplug and plug my Sky Q box to get any response from it.  Now it has died, saying the hard disk error. I have searched through community, and it seems that the only solution is to reset the hard drive.

However,  when trying to follow the instructions I get as far as 'Select Re-set' , but I don't have that option on the screen.  How do you do this?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Reset not available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Just+Wright wrote:

For about a week I have had to unplug and plug my Sky Q box to get any response from it.  Now it has died, saying the hard disk error. I have searched through community, and it seems that the only solution is to reset the hard drive.

However,  when trying to follow the instructions I get as far as 'Select Re-set' , but I don't have that option on the screen.  How do you do this?

Hi @Just+Wright 

Are you going into the main Q box hidden menu?

To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
there are three Reset options

1. Reset Settings
  2. Reset hard drive
  3. Factory reset

Just+Wright
Topic Author
This message was authored by Just+Wright This message was authored by: Just+Wright

Thank you, Oldfella

I am an old woman and of course I selected select because if I see a button I have to press it!

Seriously, this seems to have done the trick, and I don't seem to have lost any of my recordings!

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Just+Wright wrote:

Thank you, Oldfella

I am an old woman and of course I selected select because if I see a button I have to press it!

Seriously, this seems to have done the trick, and I don't seem to have lost any of my recordings!

Hi @Just+Wright 

If you haven't lost any recordings you must have done the Reset Settings.

Both Reset Hard drive Factory reset will definitely wipe all recordings.

Main thing is that it has helped (whatever you did)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion