Discussion topic: Replacement Sky remote

This message was authored by Andyslav This message was authored by: Andyslav

Replacement Sky remote

I have 2 remotes to control my SKY Q.

ONE Bluetooth, voice control touch remote which is workong perfectly

The 2nd one is an ECO60, non Bluetooth, non touch, non voice, which requires line of sight to my Q box.

The issue I have is that the 2nd one has stopped working, so I asked SKY for a replacement, which was received in less than 24 hours, which was outstanding.  Problem is, it was the wrong kind since it's still a Bluetooth, albeit non touch.

Does anyone know if SKY will still issue what I assume.is.an old style remote that I can use without Bluetooth since.only 1 Bluetooth remote can be connected at one time

Cheers

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Replacement Sky remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andyslav wrote:

The 2nd one is an ECO60, non Bluetooth, non touch, non voice, which requires line of sight to my Q box.

The issue I have is that the 2nd one has stopped working, so I asked SKY for a replacement, which was received in less than 24 hours, which was outstanding.  Problem is, it was the wrong kind since it's still a Bluetooth, albeit non touch.

Does anyone know if SKY will still issue what I assume.is.an old style remote that I can use without Bluetooth since.only 1 Bluetooth remote can be connected at one time

Cheers

Hi @Andyslav 

2 things.

1st Touch remotes stopped production several years  ago and so SKY have not sent any since they were replaced.

2nd even if you had another touch style remote , the touch function needs Bluetooth which is a problem as the 2nd, as you say, needs to be set up as IR.

if yo want to pair 2 remotes to your TV it can be done but rather convoluted.

As discussed, only  one can be paired in bluetooth mode (& thus Voice control) - the other(s) has to be IR only

You first pair the one you want to use in infrared only mode (pressing & holding 7 & 9 if needed to reset) by pressing & holding 1 & 3 together & following the on screen instructions

Once paired to the box & TV you reset it to use Infrared by pressing & holding 4 & 6 together

Then you re-pair the one you want to use in bluetooth mode & for voice contro, as above but this time don't press the 4 & 6 after

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andyslav wrote:

Cheers

Hi @Andyslav 

2 things.

1st Touch remotes stopped production several years  ago and so SKY have not sent any since they were replaced.

2nd even if you had another touch style remote , the touch function needs Bluetooth which is a problem as the 2nd, as you say, needs to be set up as IR.

if yo want to pair 2 remotes to your TV it can be done but rather convoluted.

As discussed, only  one can be paired in bluetooth mode (& thus Voice control) - the other(s) has to be IR only

You first pair the one you want to use in infrared only mode (pressing & holding 7 & 9 if needed to reset) by pressing & holding 1 & 3 together & following the on screen instructions

Once paired to the box & TV you reset it to use Infrared by pressing & holding 4 & 6 together

Then you re-pair the one you want to use in bluetooth mode & for voice contro, as above but this time don't press the 4 & 6 after

Andyslav
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andyslav This message was authored by: Andyslav

Absolutely spot on.  Many thanks for your assistance

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion