Discussion topic: Recording

This message was authored by Female+abroad This message was authored by: Female+abroad

Recording

Only recently had Sky Q installed but noticed when recording coronation street, when I come to watch it I have to rewind it first, but not had this on other programs. I know it not life threatening but a bit annoying. Any ideas?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Female+abroad 

If you've had the TV on channel 103 the Sky box will have assume you've watched the programme to the point you are at (if that makes sense). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Female+abroad 

If you've had the TV on channel 103 the Sky box will have assume you've watched the programme to the point you are at (if that makes sense). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Female+abroad wrote:

Only recently had Sky Q installed but noticed when recording coronation street, when I come to watch it I have to rewind it first, but not had this on other programs. I know it not life threatening but a bit annoying. Any ideas?

hi @Female+abroad 

This can happen if you are channel hoppng and visit the channel whilst it is recording (thus making the system think you have reached that point) - even if only briefly

If this is the case you should see a 'Watch from Start' button below the recording in the recordings episode listing

BTW voice control in recordings is very useful :- handy controls are :

Go To Start

Skip nn minutes
Go To nn minutes
Back nn minutes

You can use hours, minutes & seconds or mix e.g. Go to 1hour 15 minutes

Skip nn minutes is very handy for adverts and you get used to the length on regular used channels (Many are around the 4 minute mark)

Voice control in general is very useful - see
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-voice-control-commands

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Female+abroad   When it is recording, if you tune to that channel (even for a second) it will assume that you have watched it up to that point. No need to rewind, simply take the Watch from start option.

Female+abroad
Topic Author
This message was authored by Female+abroad This message was authored by: Female+abroad

It does, I'll give it a try next time. Thank you 😄

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion