Discussion topic: Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

This message was authored by Ian+Flint This message was authored by: Ian+Flint

Re: Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

@humps  - Exactly what I've just reported. Having worked on both terrestrial and satellite tv encoding and dsitribution for Arqiva, I suspect the problem is in the Sky encoding system. Getting someone to accept that or find the actual cause is the problem. 

This message was authored by Andrew2501666 This message was authored by: Andrew2501666

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

I am only having problems with sky main event UHD. The sound keeps glitching for a split second but must have done it 30 times whilst watching Wigan V Saints game. Same with the cricket this morning.

This message was authored by Confused1966 This message was authored by: Confused1966

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

The main event on sky sync is totally out unwatchable .

This message was authored by PlymouthGuy This message was authored by: PlymouthGuy

All fixed?

This message was authored by PhilStephen This message was authored by: PhilStephen

Been watching the golf all day and obviously with commentary and the on course mics it's hard to tell. But as soon as they go to the studio or to interview golfers it's dreadful. Again, fine on 405, but miles off on 401. 

This message was authored by adny.drum This message was authored by: adny.drum

@Mirfieldbull  I have the same experience, and like you it only occurs - or, at least is more frequent and worse than other channels - when tuned to Sports Main Event UHD. I have tried changing the audio options and completely de-powering the Q box, with no change. Considering the premium charged for HD/UHD it's unacceptable. 

This message was authored by adny.drum This message was authored by: adny.drum

@adny.drum PS the last time was today, channel 401, no soundbar used. It was noticeable on and off all afternoon, throughout the coverage of The Open Championship.

This message was authored by DushmanH This message was authored by: DushmanH

On the other thread RE audio dropout sky have replies that they have fixed. Has this also fixed the sync audio issue?

I'm away at the moment so can't check myself 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion