Discussion topic: Minibox signal

This message was authored by Turbo3773 This message was authored by: Turbo3773

Minibox signal

Sky q minibox signal always drops late on in evening!!!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Minibox signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Turbo3773 wrote:

Sky q minibox signal always drops late on in evening!!!!!

hi @Turbo3773 

I have no idea if this will help you but hopefully something I mention might.

When I first got SKY Q including a mini box several years ago during the first few weeks I had a similar problem - the mini box would be fine if I checked it early evening but when I went to bed to watch bfeore going to sleep it would drop connection & I would need to reboot it and /or the main box frequently. 

I had a few calls with SKY and they said they would try to monitor if I called when it happened again but of course the dropouts only seemed to occur after the call centres closed !

I have no idea if they did do anything remotely. I changed the standby modes to ECO on both main & mini.

My mini is more or less above the Main box - I ended up moving the mini from on top of a unit containing a dvd player & AV amp and putting on a dedicated shelf to one side. 

I also switched off the wifi on the AV Amp (& ended up using an an ethernet cable to this from the mini box - using the minis wifi connection to the main box to provide the network connectivity) 

After these first few weeks I have never had any major problems in several years 

So all I can suggest is try to see if there is anything you can do to improve wifi connectivity - maybe switch off wifi in any other equipment close by & try moving the box - if only a small amount.

Hope you do manage to get it sorted  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion