Discussion topic: Issues recording on Sky Q box!

This message was authored by MelHol This message was authored by: MelHol

Issues recording on Sky Q box!

I have been having issues recording certain channels on my Sky Q box for a few months now. It started missing recordings on Sky Witness initially with a variety of error messages such as no signal, broadcaster issue or subscription required and now won'a record this channel at all. Sky Atlantic is also missing programmes here and there but this is getting more frequent and this week, it stopped recording ITV 2. I have tried the hidden menu and doing the 'soft' reset but no luck. I have HD and all the channels I'm trying to record in my packeage. I can download the programmes if they don't record but it's frustrating to be paying for services I am unable to access. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. I contacted Sky but they suggested I do a hard reset, lose all my current recordings and if that didnt work, get a new box!! Felt like a hard no from me as I have things saved on there that I can't get again. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Issues recording on Sky Q box!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MelHol wrote:

I have been having issues recording certain channels on my Sky Q box for a few months now. It started missing recordings on Sky Witness initially with a variety of error messages such as no signal, broadcaster issue or subscription required and now won'a record this channel at all. Sky Atlantic is also missing programmes here and there but this is getting more frequent and this week, it stopped recording ITV 2. I have tried the hidden menu and doing the 'soft' reset but no luck. I have HD and all the channels I'm trying to record in my packeage. I can download the programmes if they don't record but it's frustrating to be paying for services I am unable to access. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. I contacted Sky but they suggested I do a hard reset, lose all my current recordings and if that didnt work, get a new box!! Felt like a hard no from me as I have things saved on there that I can't get again. 

Hi @MelHol 

If you have already carried out a reset settings in the hidden menu then it looks like a Factory reset is you only option.

However you could check that your Disc space is not getting low.

Also you could try noting all your scheduled recordings and series links.

Then go through the scheduled section and remove all series links from the right hand side. Make sure you leave the recording scheduled at this stage (only remove any series links).

Once you have removed all the series links remove all scheduled recordings until the scheduled section is completely empty.  
Then reboot your Q 

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

When the box is completely back up and fully running add back your Recordings and series links.

MelHol
Topic Author
This message was authored by MelHol This message was authored by: MelHol

Thank you for the suggestion. Once I do all of that and reboot, do I then just put all of the scheduled recordings back on the box?? 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MelHol wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. Once I do all of that and reboot, do I then just put all of the scheduled recordings back on the box?? 

Yes you do @MelHol 

See the very last sentence on my previous post

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion