Discussion topic: Hidden Engineers menus/options

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Hidden Engineers menus/options

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

So being able to record 6 programs at one go

How many times have any of you used that?

I admit I don't think I have ever set 6 but I have definitely had 4 on several occasions but these were not instead of reminders just  like the flexibility when programmes clash

I don't generally use recordings as alternatives / workarounds  to reminders (although I have done so occasionally)  - the whole point of reminders for me is to switch to 'live', be it  sport or press conferences etc

I must say I  only used reminders rarely but I do think it is a shame that Reminders didn't make it to Q - for the reasons given. I don't use the the other suggested workarounds though (I refuse to have any device listening in on me) -  I just rely on clock watching 

Personally I miss at least one other feature that was on the HD box more - namely bookmarks in recordings 

That all said I still prefer my SKY Q box - the few features from SKY HD never implemented are, in reality, minor and whilst I miss a couple I am not  going to get upset by their absence

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@nigea99 wrote:

Personally I miss at least one other feature that was on the HD box more - namely bookmarks in recordings 

Odd isn't it. To this day, I've never once used Bookmarks. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@oj01 wrote:

@nigea99 wrote:

Odd isn't it. To this day, I've never once used Bookmarks. 

Not odd at all - we all have different ways of watching etc.

I  record some Concerts or hang onto some sports events to watch again & bookmarks are very handy to get to the points I want to watch. I use them on my freeview recorder (which also allows me to edit the recording to remove unwanted segments as well 🙂 )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion