Discussion topic: HDMI Lead

This message was authored by rtrue5 This message was authored by: rtrue5

HDMI Lead

I have just been sent a new HDMI lead by Sky. How do I know for certain that it is good for UHD/4K?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: HDMI Lead

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rtrue5 wrote:

I have just been sent a new HDMI lead by Sky. How do I know for certain that it is good for UHD/4K?

No reason why not - test it...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: HDMI Lead

@rtrue5 wrote:

If there is nothing printed on the cable itself and you're not satisfied that the cable is of sufficient quality then you're best off purchasing your own.

You can pick up excellent quality, fully certified and future-proof HDMI 2.1 cables, which offer the best signal transmission speeds and bandwidth, for less than £10 on Amazon. 

I use certified 2.1 cables for all the devices I have connected to my TV - a 4K BluRay player, Apple TV 4K box, Firestick 4K Max and Denon AVR and have no issues at all with 4K, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Atmos or lip sync. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion