Discussion topic: Gigaclear

This message was authored by Andy3048 This message was authored by: Andy3048

Gigaclear

Gone on Gigaclear fibre, Q boxes working OK but Teams calls etc not, Gigaclear say Q boxes need "Channel" changed. How do I do this and does it sound right

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Gigaclear

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andy3048  I don't think Gigaclear know what they are talking about, it's your Hub that normally chooses the channels the wifi bands operate on, not the Q boxes as far as I'm aware.  If there are any setting within the Q box I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Andy3048 given your post is not about Sky Broadband I have moved your post t the forum dealing with Sky Q. Your issue could be with the wifi channels the Q boxes use to communicate interfering with your Gigaclear router. By default Sky Q boxes use a closed 5GHz wifi signal to connect Q min boxes which will cause interference with other wifi kit using ch36 to 52

You can change your Sky Q boxes to use half that bandwidth ie ch36 to ch44 or ch 44 to ch52. The settings are in the Q box's engineering menu accessed by navigating to settings but entering 0,0,1 before select. Change from the default 80MHz band to one of the two 40MHz options shown. Then configure your router to use a different range.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

It doesn't really matter which device changes the channels but, of course, any provider will attempt to shift the 'blame' to the other.

It's just an intrinsic way that wireless works - interference is not unusual.  Personally, I'd leave the Sky box settings alone (if at all possible) and change the router to reduce any chance of a clash.  (To ch 52+)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Andy3048 

I am with Gigaclear and I have changed my 5 GHz WiFi band to channel 48, well away from the ch36 used by Sky Q.

Assuming that you have the latest router, then here are the instructions to change the channel.

Using a web browser

1. Type in 192.168.1.1 to open the Linksys Smart Browser interface and log on.

2. Click on Device list.

3. Find your router(s) Gigaclearxxxxx and make a note of their IP address(es). The main node will be 192.168.1.1.

4. Return to the main menu.

5. Changing the channel on the main node, click on CA (very small, bottom right).

6. Click on WiFi settings, here you can fix the channel to 48 or your own choice.

7. Repeat for other nodes (if you have them) by opening 192.168.1.xxx/ca

Andy3048
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andy3048 This message was authored by: Andy3048

Thanks for this, however I don't see CA when going back to mian menu System is brand new.

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Andy3048   

This isn't really a Gigaclear help desk but here goes ...

Here is an image of the main menu showing the location of the CA (image has to be approved before appearing).

CA.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion