Discussion topic: Ensure correct viewing card is inserted message

This message was authored by Plumbder This message was authored by: Plumbder

Ensure correct viewing card is inserted message

Hi, we got our sky q box and card in June and suddenly today it has started saying please ensure the correct viewing card is inserted with the chip facing up. Nothing happened to the card before this happened and I have tried re inserting it and restarting the box and it still doesn't fix the problem. I don't know what else to do? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Ensure correct viewing card is inserted message

Take it out again and very carefully clean the chip area with a clean, lint free cloth then reinsert. Chip up and nearest to the box, push in until it clicks in. Channel 108 will tell you if it's readable or not. If not then you'll need to request a new card as they can fail (even if rarely).

Sorry I'd forgotten about pairing cards and boxes as I thought it was automatic now. Check this Sky video out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QSr34D7cgg

Plumbder
Topic Author

Thanks for the advice, tried cleaning it again and still not working. We don't have any sky specific channels just freeview ones and pay to be able to record shows, i went to watch a recording yesterday and that's when I saw the message 

Then press Home on your Sky Q remote, select Settings, then select System Information. Your viewing card number (VCN) should be displayed there, if there is one showing then try re-pairing the VCN & box. Do not post the number on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QSr34D7cgg

Plumbder
Topic Author

Thanks again for the advice when I look at the system information it doesn't register there is a card in there 

This message was authored by Gaz9412 This message was authored by: Gaz9412

Did you ever get a fix? I am having this issue currently.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion