Discussion topic: Contact Sky

This message was authored by ADT27 This message was authored by: ADT27

Contact Sky

Hi. Am i the only one wondering why we all accept that it is so difficult to get a contact number for sky and getting palmed off with this community - which in essence is sky telling us to help each other with answers rather than them sorting out any issues we have with their equipment!? 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Contact Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ADT27  You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@ADT27 wrote:

Hi. Am i the only one wondering why we all accept that it is so difficult to get a contact number for sky and getting palmed off with this community - which in essence is sky telling us to help each other with answers rather than them sorting out any issues we have with their equipment!? 

Sometimes it can be quicker via the forum depending on the issue.  Otherwise, stay on the line until they answer...

What's the issue?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ADT27 wrote:

which in essence is sky telling us to help each other with answers rather than them sorting out any issues we have with their equipment!? 

Some 'issues we have with their equipment' are well outside the scope of what a script-reader might be expected to cope with: the cumulative experience of forum contributors is really quite formidable by comparison.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ADT27
Topic Author
This message was authored by ADT27 This message was authored by: ADT27

Hi all, 

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the phone number pointed out - i hadn't spotted that, so my bad. As for the other replies, you are correct, it does seem to work better and quicker asking here and the people on the phone are not well placed to answer all questions....which was kind of my point! A bit frustrating to me that they don't take ownership of these issues particularly, and seem to rely on the goodwill of people like yourselves to deal with customers issues. 

Anyway, rant over, the issue i'm having is that we got a new tv (samsung, as was old one) and i've connected and set up. It worked fine. Except now every day i can't get the box off standby unless is disconnect and reconnect the power. Any ideas?

Thanks.

This message was authored by Silver+25 This message was authored by: Silver+25

Re: Contact Sky I have returned the other boxes remotes and wires before we set up with you again .

Return the sky boxes ,remotes and wires Before we had an engineer out to set us up again and he used new boxes remotes and wires from a new box .but you keep texting me to tell me to send them back or you will charge me for the equipment that you had received back from us please can you update my details as they were returned and you told the engineer you had received them before he set us back with sky thank you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion