Discussion topic: Cathup, Ondemand and sky cinema not working

This message was authored by Mkburns This message was authored by: Mkburns

Cathup, Ondemand and sky cinema not working

For over three weeks whenever trying to use catchup, ondemand or cinema it gives a message that 'Were having trouble reaching this service right now. Dont worry well keep trying'. Had a sky engineer out to no avail.

Between sky and my broadband provider they are not taking responsibilty and pushing me back and forward to each other.

The router is hardwired now and still the messages persist. Am seriously thinking of leaving as am not in contract and my next bill is next week.

Has anyone got any quick fixes as ive tried them all

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: Cathup, Ondemand and sky cinema not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MkburnsI assume you have tried resetting your hub/router power off/wait/on as well as your main box.

Mkburns
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mkburns This message was authored by: Mkburns

Re: Cathup, Ondemand and sky cinema not working

Yes i have tried this thanks. It seems odd that the problem occurred when I switched broadband providers.

Had FTTH installed  and on same day gave notice to cancel sky broadband.

Both sky and my broadband provider have tested the line and it is good. Therefore I assume the problem is with sky who are passing me back to my ISP and vice versa.

The mini box will not reactivate for some reason. The last phase while connecting to the box drops.

Bug in the box

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion