Discussion topic: Aerial adapters

This message was authored by Rach008 This message was authored by: Rach008

Aerial adapters

I would like to shorten my cable coming from the satellite dish outside through the wall into the house. I would like to shorten the cables. I'm just wondering if I am able to purchase two new aerial adapters which screw into the back of the box or am I able to pull them off and reuse the existing once?

Best Answers
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

Re: Aerial adapters

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rach008 

These are the connectors you need, the top ones. Photo will not show until approved.

bob1234_0-1683543091011.jpeg

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Rach008  You need screw on F connectors for the satellite cable, if the ones that used are the crimp on ones you probably won't be able to reuse them.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rach008 

A pair of new screw-on F connectors would cost about £1 online.

If your current cable has crimped connections, just cut those off and throw them away.

You'll find multiple instruction videos for fitting coaxial cable fixings on YouTube and elsewhere online.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234 Answer

@Rach008 

These are the connectors you need, the top ones. Photo will not show until approved.

bob1234_0-1683543091011.jpeg

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

@Rach008   There are two types of coaxial cable regularly used by Sky for satellite dish installations.

If the total length of the coaxial cables between the satellite dish and your Sky Q receiver are less than around 45 metres then Sky will have used a thin CT63 / WF65 coaxial cable. (4.6 mm outside diameter)

So, search for  'screw on f connector for CT63 WF65 coaxial cable' to find the correct size.

If your satellite dish installation is using coaxial cables that are between 45 - 75 metres in length then Sky will have used CT100 / WF100 coaxial cable, you will require the larger screw on F type connectors. (6.6 mm outside diameter).

So, search for 'screw on f connector for CT100 / WF100 coaxial cable' to find the correct size.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion