Discussion topic: 2nd remote not working

This message was authored by Davidk14 This message was authored by: Davidk14

2nd remote not working

I have today received a new remote control for my Q box now my other one is not working. Can I please get a new 2nd remote for my Q box 

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: 2nd remote not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Davidk14 wrote:

I have today received a new remote control for my Q box now my other one is not working. Can I please get a new 2nd remote for my Q box 

Hi @Davidk14  That is not something that your fellow customers can do for you. Is this a remote for another box or for the same box. Note you can only pair one voice control remote to a Sky Q box. However you can pair a second remote (pair it first) in IR mode by holding down 4 & 6 to turn off Bluetooth after pairing.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: 2nd remote not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Davidk14 wrote:

hi @Davidk14 

if you are trying to use 2 remotes with the same box, one must be set to Infrared only - only one can be connected via bluetooth (& use voice commands) 

To use both  with your TV it is a bit fiddly.

First reset the remote you want to use in IR mode & then pair it with the box & TV 

Press & Hold the 7 & 9 until the remote's light (red LED above the SKY logo button) flashes 4 times

Then press 1 & 3 together to go through to re-pair with the box and your TV - make sure it has line of sight of the box as until it is paired it uses Infrared

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/setting-up-remote

Once it is paired with the box (in bluetooth mode) & the TV,  then set it to infrared mode by pressing & holding 4 & 6

Then reset & re-pair the one you want to use in bluetooth mode (& don't then press the 4 &6 thus leaving it in bluetooth mode)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion