Discussion topic: not receiving codes for my new sim

This message was authored by shannon131 This message was authored by: shannon131

not receiving codes for my new sim

So i just upgraded phone from iphone 11 to iphone 13, and received a new sim - but i want to keep my number. I have tried multiple times to activate my sim by messaging the PAC number - but it always tells me that they're 'not available' - which has been going on for a good few weeks and i've tried every day.

I decided to try and message STAC to even change my number , and that also told me it wasn't available. 

i'm just getting annoyed as it means the other bill is still being paid when i'm not even using it, i just want to activate my sim.

Please help!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: not receiving codes for my new sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@shannon131 wrote:

So i just upgraded phone from iphone 11 to iphone 13, and received a new sim

To keep your number @shannon131 you need to use the sim you had in your iphone 11 in your new iphone 13.

You don't need to activate any new sim you have been sent and in any case you can't activate it by using a pac code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: not receiving codes for my new sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You cannot use a PAC code to transfer a number within a network.

If you've activated a new SIM then you'll be paying for two.

As noted, the easiest way forward is to simply move your SIM from the old phone to the new.  (This will be your original data plan)

There is protracted method to use your number on the new SIM but involves transferring your number out of the network and then back again.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion