Discussion topic: Sky sim toolkit

This message was authored by Tillymint4 This message was authored by: Tillymint4

Sky sim toolkit

I spoke to someone from Sky after receiving a new sim card which worked for an hour! An hour then I couldn't make or receive phone calls or texts. 

The man I spoke to asked me to try various things that he was suggesting then try and make a phone call, non of his suggestions was working. 

I was then asked to go into my 'apps' scroll along till I came to the 'sim toolkit' I did what he said but I then said, 'I don't have a sim toolkit app on this phone' he then asked me to go into the 'Samsung files and look for the sim toolkit' no, no sim toolkit in there. I'm sure he didn't belive me but I really don't have a 'sim toolkit' on here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to this app please, I definitely don't have it on my phone.

Many many thanks.

Ps, no idea what I did in the end but finally my phone is currently working, how long gor this time I do not know but for now I'm happy it is

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky sim toolkit

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tillymint4  Sim Toolkit on Samsung devices is in he apps menu

Settings --> Apps --> scroll down to Sim Toolkit. 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Tillymint4
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tillymint4 This message was authored by: Tillymint4

Well, blow me down! Why didn't he tell me that? I found it BUT when I opened it up it only shows :

Sky menu

Sky menu

Roaming

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tillymint4 Without knowing what their aim was I don't know why he told you to go to the sim toolkit.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Tillymint4
Topic Author

I have absolutely no idea other than he was trying to find out why my phone allowed me to ring out or receive a call, same with a text for only an hour then stopped working 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion