Discussion topic: Sky Mobile Upgrade

This message was authored by GhostFaceAmbush4 This message was authored by: GhostFaceAmbush4

Sky Mobile Upgrade

Good Morning!

Our phone/data contracts expire in September 2024.

I cannot find an answer in relation to this but once this contact ends, I would like to upgrade our phones and change the data plan as we don't use the amount of data we have. I would also like to send the phones back to get money off the new contracts. 

I would also like to keep the same numbers.

Is this possible without having to cancel the contracts and change numbers? I am unable to find a definitive answer!

Thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Sky Mobile Upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @GhostFaceAmbush4  if you wait until the contracts end you can no longer upgrade, the phones are yours. You simply buy new phones. Sky do have a trade in scheme where you can sell your phones to Sky but I use the online phone sites (such as music magpie) as they tend to give higher values. If you order new sims/plans then these come with new numbers. You can then port your old numbers to a different network on PAYG then port back onto the new sims. You can't port from one sky sim to another. You could ask Sky if they are prepared to apply one of the new plans to your old sims but the could (and probably) will say no. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion