Discussion topic: S23+ Swap - how to claim £100 from Samsung?

This message was authored by TStocko This message was authored by: TStocko

S23+ Swap - how to claim £100 from Samsung?

Upgraded my phone from an S21 to an S23+ through the sky swap. Says that I have qualified for a top up on my trade in of £100 as it is a qualifying samsung device. When I follow the link to make a claim it asks me to send the device back to Samsung and sends out packaging to do so. Do I send my phone back to Sky as planned and they sort the extra £100 top up as it is a promotion, promoted by Sky or do I cancel my trade in with Sky and send it Samsung?

Best Answers
TStocko
Topic Author
This message was authored by TStocko This message was authored by: TStocko Answer

Re: S23+ Swap - how to claim £100 from Samsung?

I sent my phone back to Sky with the packaging provided and received the £100 trade in, top up, through Sky automatically once the phone had been received and processed by Sky. You do not need to send your phone back to Samsung. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It looks to me as if there are two different promotions running here, if you send the device back to Sky then they will add a £100 credit to your bill as per this:

If you’re an existing Sky Mobile customer swapping to the Samsung Galaxy S23, you’ll receive a £100 bill credit. To claim, log into your Sky Mobile account to start your Swap journey. Pick the Samsung Galaxy S23 to swap to and once you’ve completed the process, your £100 bill credit will be added to your next or subsequent bill.

Then there is the other one that involves you sending the device back to Samsung.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Avril87 This message was authored by: Avril87

Can you give an update on this? I've just sent my iPhone back to sky and seen the option to send to Samsung. Now I'm wondering if I'll get the cashback and if so, when. I can't see any answers through t&Cs though
TStocko
Topic Author
This message was authored by TStocko This message was authored by: TStocko Answer

I sent my phone back to Sky with the packaging provided and received the £100 trade in, top up, through Sky automatically once the phone had been received and processed by Sky. You do not need to send your phone back to Samsung. 

This message was authored by jackdean90 This message was authored by: jackdean90

Hello, In order to clarify the specific details of your trade-in promotion, it is recommended to contact Sky customer support directly. They will be able to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the process of sending your phone back and receiving the £100 top-up. They will clarify whether you should proceed with sending the device back to Sky as originally planned or if you need to cancel the trade-in with Sky and send it directly to Samsung.

This message was authored by Saja66 This message was authored by: Saja66

No-one at Sky seems to know anything about this! Traded in my iphone for a Galaxy flip, got the value for my iphone from sky but thought the 150 for buying the Samsung would be added as well, its the only way i could afford the swap. 1st call was eventually told 'wait 24hrs and it will be there'. A week later still no sign of it so tried the claim again but this just tells me to send the phone back to Samsung. So basically you either get the value from Sky OR 150 from Samsung, not both. This isnt mentioned anywhere, not even in the T&Cs.  Im now cancelling my swap, I have a useless phone (my signal is nonexistent since changing to the Galaxy) and a 300 bill for the pleasure.

Another hour wasted on the phone with Sky customer services who have no clue of this promotion despite it saying very clearly on the website that your bill will be credited when the swap is completed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion