Discussion topic: Please can someone help me!!

This message was authored by GinaaaG89 This message was authored by: GinaaaG89

Please can someone help me!!

Hi, please can someone help me. Ive ordered a phone from sky mobile and i missed the delivery due to me being at work. I wanted to change the delivery address to someone who will be at home but it wont allow me to do that. It also says i cant leave it with a neighbour. I could change the date of delivery but again the times are when im in work. I could spend an extra £4.99 to be delivered on a day that i want but the times arent right for me and then i could also spend an extra £9.99 for an early slot between 8am- 12. Please can someone help as to what i can do as its being delivered tomorrow but i obviously wont be in as im working and i cant afford the extra costs, especially when it doesnt suit me. I dont know what else to do and i dont know what happens after the second time they have tried to attempt my delivery. I've tried to contact sky themselves as there is nothing DPD can do on their side, and i would be waiting 40 minutes on the phone. Im stuck and stressed as to what to do. Please if there is any help or support. Thank you. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Please can someone help me!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The delivery of your order is down to DPD and is nothing to do with Sky.

Is there nobody at home who has the same surname as you and has the relevant ID to show the driver ?

If not then as DPD give you a one hour delivery slot is there no way you can get home for it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
GinaaaG89
Topic Author

Thank you for replying, means alot. Ive done a chat thing with DPD and asked to change the delivery address and they said that they cant do it from their side as it states from sky that it has to be my address which is also my billing address. I live on my own with my two children and i work full time. I'm not allowed my phone on me during the day due to my job and i wont make it home in time for the delivery. It said today between 11 and 1 but i was working. Do you happen to know what happens if they try again but i obviously wont be home. Will they cancel my order?

Thank you. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GinaaaG89  You can arrange re-delivery https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/delivery-returns-and-repairs/delivery/articles/delivery-sky...

You can’t request for your courier delivery to be left in a safe place or with a neighbour, as you might need proof of ID.

Weekend delivery

You can request weekend delivery, for an extra cost.

DPD will make three delivery attempts before your order's returned to us and cancelled.

Deliveries can't be left with a neighbour or in a safe place, and can't be dropped off at delivery depot for collection.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

GinaaaG89
Topic Author

Thank you very much for helping. I've been on that link and it doesnt really help. Ive tried from sky and DPD and there is nothing i can do unfortunately.

Looks like i'll have to cancel my order as i wont be home and i cant afford the extra money they are asking for and not only that i would be paying £4.99 or £9.99 for them to try and deliver when i wont be home, so its pointless. Sunday would be best but they dont deliver on sundays. Nevermind, thanks guys for your help. 

Thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion