Discussion topic: No mobile data

This message was authored by Hwatson1705 This message was authored by: Hwatson1705

No mobile data

Hi i have opened a new sky mobile account on the 28th August. I am now 18 days in & still have no mobile data on an unlimited plan. Is anyone else going through this? I am sick of phoning up unhelpful advisors & it still not be working.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: No mobile data

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Hwatson1705  what phone do you have ? Have you checked the correct APN settings are stored in your phone ? 

edit. Any issues showing ?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/service-status-sky-mobile

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Hwatson1705
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hwatson1705 This message was authored by: Hwatson1705

Hi its a samsung S24,  i have spoken to various sky advisors over the phone & chat & we have resent the APN settings, requested new network settings, everything. 

they are also telling me its the mast thats the issue

It could well be the mast if that's what they are saying @Hwatson1705  have you actually looked to see the correct APN settings are stored ? I know you say they have been sent but they don't always save. 

This message was authored by Lucasharts This message was authored by: Lucasharts

I'm having the same issues. Things like WhatsApp work and YouTube. But unable to visit Web pages as well as Spotify. 

I've checked all the recommended settings. Only been with sky since the start of Sept and getting error message advising the I've got no data left on unlimited plan. 

Is the data pro-rata'd the first month? 

Hi @Lucasharts  yes the first month is pro ratered and you aren't the first with this issue on an unlimited plan. Hopefully when your plan refreshes that may take care of it. 

This message was authored by Jane126 This message was authored by: Jane126

Good Morning, 

I have been having the same issue now for over a month. 

I have unlimited data as I don't have WiFi access at home, due to this error I have missed important announcements from my university's app, I am unable to access my daughters school app nor am I able to access the account via the website. 

I am know having to go to the local library every other day to gain access. 

I have spoken to sky and there response is we are aware of the issue and are working on it a week yes ok but a month and still would like me to the full monthly amount despite only being able to use Wass app. 

I have been with sky many years but have recently experienced many problems with the service and I am now considering leaving. 

This message was authored by Lucasharts This message was authored by: Lucasharts

Same here! 

I've recently joined Sky after being with Vodafone for years. Apps like YouTube and WhatsApp work on data. But thinks like Spotify and more importantly for me Microsoft teams doesn't work (the latter I need for work) still aren't working. Is there any fix for this? I already thinking that I may need to move away from sky to resolve. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion