Discussion topic: New phone/data question

This message was authored by Blackwatch11 This message was authored by: Blackwatch11

New phone/data question

Hello, I am looking to upgrade old iphone and have quite a lot of data remaining (70GB).  It's for my mum and she doesn't really need much.

I intended on getting her the phone and then selecting the data of 100mb that is currently free but it has a £5 with a score through it.  I see there is an offer at the moment for 6 months half price data so I assume after the 6 months this will go up £5 per month?

What I want to do is order the Phone with 100mb of data for £36 a month as it is currently, and then roll over all the data in the bank to the new sim and just pull from that.  But of course I want to end the old sim too as that's currently £9 a month by the looks of it.  Is that possible or do I need to keep both sims in order to retain that built-up bank of data?

I suppose the simplest solution would be the phone and the 4gb of data for an extra £4 a month and end the old sim but just looking to keep it as cheap as possible.

Many thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: New phone/data question

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blackwatch11 wrote:

I intended on getting her the phone and then selecting the data of 100mb that is currently free but it has a £5 with a score through it.  I see there is an offer at the moment for 6 months half price data so I assume after the 6 months this will go up £5 per month?

That is correct, after the offer has finished it will increase in price.

@Blackwatch11 wrote:

But of course I want to end the old sim too as that's currently £9 a month by the looks of it.  Is that possible or do I need to keep both sims in order to retain that built-up bank of data?

You don't need two sims to keep the data in your piggybank so you are free to cancel the first sim if you have had it for 12 months or more and to do this you would need to call Sky. The new sim will come with a new phone number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: New phone/data question

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blackwatch11 wrote:

That is correct, after the offer has finished it will increase in price.

@Blackwatch11 wrote:

But of course I want to end the old sim too as that's currently £9 a month by the looks of it.  Is that possible or do I need to keep both sims in order to retain that built-up bank of data?

You don't need two sims to keep the data in your piggybank so you are free to cancel the first sim if you have had it for 12 months or more and to do this you would need to call Sky. The new sim will come with a new phone number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion