Discussion topic: Mobile upgrade during an Iva

This message was authored by Scottspa This message was authored by: Scottspa

Mobile upgrade during an Iva

Hi, I've been with sky for 15 years now and and have 3 mobile contracts currently. I am wanting to upgrade one of them but it got declined due to me being in an iva. I was told by the iva people that I could upgrade if I sent sky a letter of recommendation basically showing that I'm upto date with payments etc. But who and where do I send it to to get approved for the upgrade? Obviously I can't do the upgrade online as it uses a credit check which instantly declines me. Any advice would be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Mobile upgrade during an Iva

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scottspa wrote:

I was told by the iva people that I could upgrade if I sent sky a letter of recommendation basically showing that I'm upto date with payments etc.

My guess would be that's probably not correct: if Sky only accepts a satisfactory credit reference agency rating and only takes orders online then that's their choice.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scottspa A letter of recommendation from your insolvency practitioner has a low to zero chance of changing the decision to refuse you credit, Sky will still run a credit check and the outcome will almost certainly be the same.

I would have thought your insolvancy practitioner would have advised against repeated attempts to upgrade as the checks and subsequent failure wilk further negatively impact your credit score.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
Scottspa
Topic Author
This message was authored by Scottspa This message was authored by: Scottspa

Thanks for your replies 

This message was authored by Char1991xoxo This message was authored by: Char1991xoxo

Scott did u get a upgrade

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion