Discussion topic: Lanzarote Roaming. Can take but not make a call

This message was authored by Northerdave This message was authored by: Northerdave

Lanzarote Roaming. Can take but not make a call

Hi, arrived overnight into Lanzarote from UK. Got text message welcoming to Spain. But cannot make calls using 0044 or +44 prefixes, but my partner is able to call me? 

Been abroad many times using same Android MiMix3 phone with no difficulties auto connecting, but this is first trip since new charge regime for roaming in place. Connected?

All Replies

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Re: Lanzarote Roaming. Can take but not make a call

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

Northerdave
Topic Author
This message was authored by Northerdave This message was authored by: Northerdave

Re: Lanzarote Roaming. Can take but not make a call

Thanks, I appreciate that. I tried late last night to make a call without the leading +44 and it connected ! I then received a text telling me I was on roaming plus ..result!

Before this, I kept on requesting APN settings and went into my account to up the spend cap from £1 to £10. I got texts pretty much straight away from Sky. Also took off the £45 spend limit and reapplied it later. 

Few hours later, one of those actions must have worked....but this took a lot of time to get done.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion