Discussion topic: Identity theft - Someone has created an account with my name and address, but with different flat

This message was authored by Will1234321 This message was authored by: Will1234321

Identity theft - Someone has created an account with my name and address, but with different flat

Hi, from june to august this year, I was the victim of identity, many accounts were taken out in my name.  This was due to the post in my building being stolen.  I thought this had been resolved, spoke with action fraud, reported all the thefts, got the Cifas tag, cleared false credit reports, royal mail post redirection etc.  It turns out the theif has taken a sky mobile account in my name, but for a different flat in my building.  This meant that I couldn't find it on my credit score, and there was delay receiving information about the account.  I opened letters to the false address with my name on with the tenant of the correct address, it there has been an account with sky mobile taken out in my name.  I called sky, and they said they couldn't even give me info on the account, as I couldn't pass the security checks the thief set up (clearly).  They said to pass the info to action fraud, which I have, but there are now letters being sent to my name from debt collectors saying I owe money.  It is not for my flat, but it is a small building of 3 flats, and my name isn't very common.  How would you advise I continue?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion