Discussion topic: Cannot access mobile data on new Motorola E13

This message was authored by Janski7 This message was authored by: Janski7

Cannot access mobile data on new Motorola E13

Put my sky SIm into a new Motorola E13. Unable to access mobile data. SIM checked by Sky and no problems. When Sim is  put into a friend's phone  l can use mobile data. Phone replaced. Same issue. Requested APN settings from Sky but the download can't open. Am at a loss. Please help if you can. 

All Replies

This message was authored by notimetoulouse This message was authored by: notimetoulouse

Re: Cannot access mobile data on new Motorola E13

Hi - just found this and realise I'm a bit late to the party. I bought a new G84 and it set itself up perfectly. One week later I lost my data signal. Did everything suggested but no joy. Sky sets the APN so you can't input anything new, you have to request a new one from settings. 

I did, but nothing happened... for four hours, when it finally came through.

Clicking install rejigged the APN settings and I'm back up and running.

I have now found out by tinkering around inside settings that every Motorola that can access 5g is set up automatically for default 5g by Sky. Problem being, if you aren't in a 5g area, or pass through a place that isn't 5g, you lose your data signal. 

Going to settings/Mobile/ signal and selecting 4g will get your signal straight back. 

Hope this helps.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion