Discussion topic: Can’t receive text messages??

This message was authored by Skyproblemhelp This message was authored by: Skyproblemhelp

Can’t receive text messages??

I have woke up one morning and can no longer receive text messages? Does any one have any idea why or had similar problems and solved it . Some times I will receive iMessages but I can't get any normal texts (sms) to my phone . Was working on night then in the morning completely nothing . Sky can't seem to work out why so hoping someone here might have an answer.

thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can’t receive text messages??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It might be worth you ordering and using a replacement sim:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/replacement-sim

It should turn up in a few days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skyproblemhelp This message was authored by: Skyproblemhelp

Thanks for your reply but I've tried this into my third replacement sim with no luck 

This message was authored by Aaronsav This message was authored by: Aaronsav

I've got the same problem. Just ordered replacement sim but proper inconvenient as I need my phone for work 

Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author

It's a total nightmare,  I've been told is the phone so took it to Apple and they put another sim in and texts came through no problem so they confirmed it's the network provider /SIM card . The only way I can seem to think of fixing it is cancelling my sky sim contract and moving providers then keeping my number with pac code . When I called sky to do this they said that's fine and I would be sent my pac code to keep my number but again they tried to send it through texts which I don't receive so I'm totally stuck 

This message was authored by Johnv314 This message was authored by: Johnv314

Yes I've had the same problem since Wednesday and I'm getting nowhere with customer services, had a replacement sim and still having the same issue's...did you have any luck resolving the problem? 

Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author

It's a nightmare they don't know how to solve it , not got anywhere the only hope I've got is I was told they would issue me a pac code through a different method as I can't receive texts . Hoping they call or email it and then il be changing network provider . No use staying with sky if they don't know how to solve there problems.

Omg 😔 I've got no hope then, locked out of my iCloud too now because I thought It was a good idea to reset my phone thinking that might have been the problem and now I can't receive the verification codes to get back into it 😩 I'm going to have to do the same by the looks of it, it's ridiculous! 

Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author

That's a joke , honestly I'm the same I can't get into accounts I need to use as they send me a verification code by texts so have no idea how to get into things now . When I call up they act like it's a one off problem but clearly hearing on this there is many more people in the same situation. My advice would be get your pac code and run from them totally waste of time and money paying for it when you can't use your phone properly. They have said il receive my pac code through email or call so just waiting for that then I'm away from them advise you do the same 

How pathetic! They've been the same with me, sent me a replacement sim and then when I rang again saying I still can't receive anything they told me to go to apple but I put my sons sim in my phone and texts messages came straight through but obviously my 1st thought was to reset the phone before trying all this so I'm locked out of almost everything! Ill be requesting mine today, sod this! They'll soon start moving once they realise how many customers they're losing 🙄

Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author

Eaxtly John they are a joke ! I've had about three sims and go no where , said they same go to Apple which I did and they done what you done stuck a sim in and texts came in not a problem so was a waste of time completely. The customer service don't have a clue I'm gona wait until tomorow and if I don't have my pac il be calling back up . I have no idea how many texts I've missed important or not . Waste of time joining sky really regret moving to them 

Tell me about it! Friday they said they'd pass the issue report onto technical department who would ring me back in 3 days but I've had enough of waiting now, been almost a week of stress trying to get back into everything I need. School reminders and everything come through text and I haven't had a thing so god knows what info I haven't received thanks to this! Hope you get it sorted asap tho 🤞I'll be on their case today! 

Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author

I'm the exact same John got school reminders etc through text and can't see any of them . I've just called them today same as yourself I was told it was passed to technical department. Now I've spoke to them and they are saying they will ring me back but can't email me the pac so have a feeling they are going to phone and have limited help . Here's me hoping to keep my number but it's starting to look extremely unlikely that it's going to happen . 

For god sake 🤦‍♀️ this is seriously pathetic. And not being able to email the pac instead is beyond a joke! Fingers crossed for you 🤞 I need to keep my number there's too much linked to it so they're going to have to do something whether it's sort the bloody issue out like they should've last week 🙄 or give the pac over the phone or something 🤞

Skyproblemhelp
Topic Author

Yeah it's a waste of time honestly no answers for the issue when you call . Apparently it can't be emailed and the technical team are going to call in 48 hours to update me which doesn't sound like they are calling with a pac code more like they are calling with bad news and no answers to help but il wait and see 🤞 to be fair I'm the same just loosing all hope it's a joke , only option left is giving it over the phone so il let you know how I get on and if you can let me know if you get any where it would be appreciated mate 👍🏻

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion