Discussion topic: Watching Skygo on AR glasses

This message was authored by AliaM23 This message was authored by: AliaM23

Watching Skygo on AR glasses

Hello - I'm trying to watch Sky Go on my AR glasses (XReal Air 2 Pro). It's treating them as an external display even though it's just me who would be able to  see the screen

I'm not trying to avoid multiscreen it's just easier for me because of neck issues to be able watch it when I'm not home without craning my neck

Is there a way to do this/ or for the product team to make an exception for AR glasses?

I'd be very grateful for a solution

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Watching Skygo on AR glasses

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AliaM23 

Go on phone or tablet doesn't permit external display use, as you've discovered.  This is permitted from computer and laptop, and games console / Apple TV (when covered by an additional subscription requirement)

I'd think the chance of an exception within the existing app is negligible, and if it being built into a new version pretty small.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Watching Skygo on AR glasses

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AliaM23 

Go on phone or tablet doesn't permit external display use, as you've discovered.  This is permitted from computer and laptop, and games console / Apple TV (when covered by an additional subscription requirement)

I'd think the chance of an exception within the existing app is negligible, and if it being built into a new version pretty small.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion