Discussion topic: Sky go, Ps5

This message was authored by David2406 This message was authored by: David2406

Sky go, Ps5

Hi. I'm trying to watch sky go on my ps5 but keep getting the message ' to watch this programme you will need to purchase the sky go extra package. Please go to sky.com/PlayStation to find out more' Sky go worked perfectly well on my ps4 and still does on my iPad, so I'm unsure what the problem is. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: Sky go, Ps5

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with David2406 we accessed the account and found the Sky Go Extra subscription had dropped off due to a recent change in their package. David2406 was able to add the subscription back on through the Sky VIP Rewards.

It was a pleasure speaking with you David2406 and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@David2406 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to David2406.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with David2406 we accessed the account and found the Sky Go Extra subscription had dropped off due to a recent change in their package. David2406 was able to add the subscription back on through the Sky VIP Rewards.

It was a pleasure speaking with you David2406 and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Drjenn This message was authored by: Drjenn

I'm having the same problem. Since updating the app on the ps5 I can't use it but it worked 2 weeks ago.. I can't find anywhere on the account any information on sky go extra and how to upgrade but it doesn't explain how it was functioning 2 weeks ago. @Tom-W19 would be great if you or a colleague could help.

@Drjenn 

Does Sky Go Extra show on your bill here:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

If not you then see if it appears for you as a Sky VIP reward via the MySky app, if not you will need to call Sky to get it added. It is free if you have Multiscreen (Sky Q or Sky+) and the Whole Home Sub (Sky Glass and Sky Q) otherwise it is £5 per month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Drjenn wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Since updating the app on the ps5 I can't use it but it worked 2 weeks ago.. I can't find anywhere on the account any information on sky go extra and how to upgrade but it doesn't explain how it was functioning 2 weeks ago@Tom-W19 would be great if you or a colleague could help.

The old app did not verify your subscription very well, the new app is much better at checking

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

Thanks @caesarome 

It's not on the bill nor is it showing as an upgrade. I can't access the VIP area, says there's technical difficulties so I'll check that when I can.

You can always give Sky a call and ask them if they can add it for you via Sky VIP,

Still can't access the Sky VIP rewards section tonight. In trying to find a phone number for ROI this morning I kept getting rerouted to the community forums with no phone number for Ireland in sight. Can my issue get escalated? I'm using skygo on my ipad right now and it's fine. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

You can contact Sky using the number here (See the "Need more help?" dropdown near the bottom of the page)

Note: Make sure you have the correct country flag selected in the bottom-right of the page
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion