Discussion topic: Sky + & Sky Go apps

This message was authored by GrannyL68 This message was authored by: GrannyL68

Sky + & Sky Go apps

I'm really disappointed with the Sky apps for my iPad and iPhone.  I realise that Sky have discontinued the Sky+ app and are directed to the sky Go app but this app is sadly lacking.  I just wish the Sky Go app could be more like the original Sky + app which was very easy to use.  I like to use my iPad for programming and other things rather than keep using the tv guide on the remote (this is what I thought the app for for).  Also the Sky Go app is rather useless now that the BBC has discounted its programming on 101 etc and they are now moved to 801 and beyond which is very inconvenient.  Also there are a lot of programmes that are not on the Sky Gp app even when you go on the 'Record to Sky Box' list.  I do not have Sky Q and I feel that this is Skys way of manipulating people into having things they do not want!!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky + & Sky Go apps

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GrannyL68 wrote:

Also there are a lot of programmes that are not on the Sky Gp app even when you go on the 'Record to Sky Box' list.

What programs are these or do you mean channels as the record to box option is at the top of the TV Guide so there are other ways to set recordings including using the search.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GrannyL68 wrote:

I do not have Sky Q and I feel that this is Skys way of manipulating people into having things they do not want!!!!

Sky+ HD hardware hasn't been manufactured since 2015, and its underlying platform dates back over two decades: encouraging users to move to a rather more modern system is not an unreasonable business decision.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@GrannyL68 wrote:

I do not have Sky Q and I feel that this is Skys way of manipulating people into having things they do not want!!!!

Sky+ HD hardware hasn't been manufactured since 2015, and its underlying platform dates back over two decades: encouraging users to move to a rather more modern system is not an unreasonable business decision.

Indeed and the same will likely happen within the next decade with the switch from Q to streaming as a result of satellies reaching their end of life.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion