Discussion topic: Sky Go not working - just loading loop

This message was authored by pjsmith733 This message was authored by: pjsmith733

Sky Go not working - just loading loop

I can no longer access Sky Go. For the last few weeks it just goes into a 'loading' loop. No recent changes to my account. 

I have even downloaded the Sky Sports app to access football content but even when logged in to Sky I cannot access the content. I get messages about needed the desktop player which I have downloaded but that tells me I have expired and refers me back to the website, which then refers me back to the app.

I have no idea how to access the content I pay for. I also use the TV and an iPad but can no longer use my laptop (Apple Mac)

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go not working - just loading loop

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@pjsmith733 

Uninstall the app 

Launch the Finder, go to the Downloads folder and delete ‘SkyGoInstaller.’ 

In Finder, go to the Applications folder and delete Sky Go app 

Remove Sky Go files 

In the Finder select Go to folder ... from the Go menu (or press c). 

A dialog box should appear. Now copy and paste the following text into the box and press the return key: ~/Library/Application Support/ 

Select the Sky Go folder and delete it 

Empty Recycling Bin 

Reboot the Mac

Download and reinstall Sky Go

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
pjsmith733
Topic Author
This message was authored by pjsmith733 This message was authored by: pjsmith733

Hi thanks for the help but unfortunately it did notsolve the problem. After removing the Sky Go application from my Mac, I have re-loaded is and restarted my computer, but I still get the loading circle loop when I access the application and can't access any content.

This message was authored by Rambo256 This message was authored by: Rambo256

did you fix this @pjsmith733 

pjsmith733
Topic Author

Yes all clear now. New computer replaced my 10 year old Mac.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion