Discussion topic: Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

This message was authored by Liverbirdtiger This message was authored by: Liverbirdtiger

Re: Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

I have tried to re install the app and tick the Beta but it still gives me the above error code. I have a samsung Galaxy A52s 5G.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Liverbirdtiger 

When did you join the beta? It can take a few hours at times. Also, what's the version of the App that you currently have installed?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Liverbirdtiger This message was authored by: Liverbirdtiger

A couple of hours ago. I went onto Google play store and installed the latest version .

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You might not have installed the correct version if you didn't join the beta first so did you do that and as what version are you running as it needs to be 22.10.1 ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Wazzamc69 This message was authored by: Wazzamc69

Have read through the thread and clicked join beta like advised then uninstall and reinstall but still same 2019 error constantly. As it stands I've not installed again yet. I'm on a Samsung S22 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Wazzamc69  

Thanks for your post.

Joining the beta isn't instant.  What version of the app are you using?  You need version 22.10.1 and above. If you are running that version, or a higher one, can you provide more information please?

What make and model of phone are you using? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Android version? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Sky Go version showing? (With the app open > select the cog and scroll to the bottom)

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Hi Kev 

Thank you for the response, So I have reinstalled this now on 22.11.0 version. It now loads up but when I try and click on anything to watch new error comes up problem connecting to sky go network try later code 0-01 contact customer service. That's through WiFi and my own data. Cheers 

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @Wazzamc69 

So something's stopping the App from communicating with our servers.  Are you using a VPN on your device?  If you are, I'd turn that off.  I'd also power your router off and then the device before restarting both and trying again.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

@Wazzamc69 

Can you view anything via the app, can you watch live TV from Sky Witness for example as I believe 0-01 is a wrong subscription error.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi thanks for getting back to me and the reply, I can connect via my sky Q box and watch recorded shows but nothing live I don't use a vpn or anything like that either. Cheers

What happens if you disconnect the connection to your Q box via settings on the Sky Go app can you then watch the live channels ?

Hi thanks for helping me out, I have uninstall the app and reinstalled it. Logged in again and touch wood it seems to be ok now. Cheers for the help 👍🏻 

This message was authored by davads This message was authored by: davads

@KevNewMediaAny ideas re the downloads issue I posted about?

Posted by a Sky employee

@davads wrote:

@KevNewMediaAny ideas re the downloads issue I posted about?

Hey @davads 

Welcome to the Sky Community!

Does it always shows this error?  Its very generic, which doesn't help much for trouble shooting, does it? There's a few questions, to understand the issue.

* Are you able to watch live tv and catchup?

* Is this whilst connected to your Sky box, or without? Can you try with both and see what happens?

* After the problem was fixed, were you asked to sign back in? If you weren't, can you sign out from settings and sign back in again?

* If it still doesn't work, can you go to settings > apps > sky go > force stop > storage and clear the cache and data. When you re-open the app, you should be asked to sign back in. Try and watch live tv, then catchup and finally try downloads.  For downloads, you need the sky go extra subscription, so check your bill and make sure that it's showing as being active as well.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by davads This message was authored by: davads

@KevNewMedia 

This is when connected to the Sky box. I'm pretty sure if you're not connected you can't get any recordings to show up on the app.

Have tried clearing the cache. Live TV works, catch up gives another error (!) which is Error Code 0-01; it wouldn't let me do a screenshot. Downloads giving the same error as the one I posted before.

Have never heard of anything called Sky Go Extra, nor was it made known to us. Isn't that something that should be standard?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion