Discussion topic: Sky Go Mac Error

This message was authored by Threefold1891 This message was authored by: Threefold1891

Sky Go Mac Error

I've scoured these forums before to look for a fix for my Sky Go application on my Mac (2023 Macbook Air M2 chip, running macOS Sonoma 14.3.1). I've tried uninstalling the app completely, as well as erasing all of the stored data from the library and then re-installing the app. The same issue remains; the app loads, the 'checking for updates' screen arrives and then the app simply hangs on a blue screen with the white play button on it. It's extremely frustrating because I've checked multiple other threads on this forum and the issue seems to be perenial. Is there any alternative fix for this? More cynically, do any Sky technicians/devs intend on mending this at the source because it seems to be a particularly common issue.

Best Answers
Threefold1891
Topic Author
This message was authored by Threefold1891 This message was authored by: Threefold1891 Answer

Re: Sky Go Mac Error

Update:

After updating macOS to Sonoma 14.4, the Sky Go app is functioning normally. Unsure what the issue was previously -  but it was frustrating! Worth noting that I did a clean install of Sky Go (following the steps of deleting it from the library etc) after I updated my OS. Hopefully no more issues to come! 🫡

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Are trying the trial version?

Exiled in HH
Threefold1891
Topic Author
This message was authored by Threefold1891 This message was authored by: Threefold1891

As far as I'm aware, no. I've been downloading the official full version from the sky page. Is there any way to tell if it's the trial version?

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

See the pinned Discussion on this forum😉

Exiled in HH
Threefold1891
Topic Author

Do accept my apologies. I was blind to it! No, I'm on the 'normal' version of the Sky Go app on Mac. Never signed up to a trial. I'm about to update to Sonoma 14.4 so will re-install Sky Go and see if the issue remains after the update.

Threefold1891
Topic Author
This message was authored by Threefold1891 This message was authored by: Threefold1891 Answer

Update:

After updating macOS to Sonoma 14.4, the Sky Go app is functioning normally. Unsure what the issue was previously -  but it was frustrating! Worth noting that I did a clean install of Sky Go (following the steps of deleting it from the library etc) after I updated my OS. Hopefully no more issues to come! 🫡

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion